The University of Sydney Library can provide DOIs for objects that meet the criteria listed below.
DOIs can be assigned to:
- Research datasets and collections, associated workflows, software and models
- University of Sydney theses
- Previously unpublished publications – reports, unpublished conference papers, creative works, technical standards and specifications. Note that items available elsewhere online can't be assigned a DOI from the University of Sydney Library.
The output and record must:
- be managed by the University Library through the Sydney eScholarship Repository
- be previously unpublished and/or not available elsewhere online e.g. ResearchGate or Academia.edu
- be persistently available open access
- be part of the scholarly record
The record must contain a minimum set of information including:
- Publication year
- Resource type
Note: DOI minting is currently done manually by Library staff so if you require DOIs for more than 5 items, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org to discuss your request and an appropriate timeframe for delivery.
If you need further information or would like to get a DOI, please email email@example.com.