Note that a new Community ID account is only for clients who don’t have a UniKey. Membership types (e.g. Alumni, Community borrower, or LPAB student) and corresponding borrowing privileges have not changed.”
- Sign in using your new Community ID and temporary password you've received through email by clicking on the My account link via the Library website top navigation.
(If you haven't received it, please check your spam/junk folders, if it isn't there contact the Library for help)
- Follow the prompts to create a new password. Note: The new password should be strong (this field is case-sensitive and the password should contain a combination of letters/numbers/symbols/different case and be 8-16 characters long). Common passwords will cause an error message “We’ve seen that password too many times before. Choose something harder to guess.”
- Follow the prompts and enter an email address to authenticate your new account.
- Click on “Email me”. You will then have 15 minutes to log into the email account of the email address you entered in Step 3. The countdown timer is at the bottom right-hand side of the screen in red.
- Once you’ve logged into your email account, take note of the 6-digit code in the email and enter it in the field provided to authenticate your new library Community ID account.
- Follow the prompts to sign in with your new password. Once signed in, your name should appear on the top right-hand corner.
If you're having issues with signing in with your Community ID, try troubleshooting via this screen by screen instructions page.
If you need any assistance with this, we're here to help. You can contact us by phone, chat, by logging a ticket (outside of chat hours) or in person.