- Use an RIS upload This is the quickest and easiest method because you can set the session period (using custom dates) once for the whole list. CrossSearch will add the relevant urls, and will update them even if the item changes location.
If material on this list is labeled with the ‘needs review’ status, you may review it yourself if you wish. If it is a simple issue such as adding pagination, you can add that information, or you can just leave it and library staff will fix this for you. The ‘needs review’ material is checked daily by Unit of Study Readings Service staff, so they will pick these issues up.
- If you have to add an item manually, then the best option to use is “Find an existing reading” and search the eReserve repository and CrossSearch
- For material we do not hold, or for adding a book chapter, including:
- material we do not hold and need to purchase (academics also need to email firstname.lastname@example.org to alert library staff of order requirements)
- material we do not hold but the academic has as a pdf to upload (i.e. a journal article or a book chapter)
- a book chapter that we may or may not hold, but requires us to either scan and upload, create a link to an ebook, or order via document delivery.
You can find instructions on adding different formats to the eReserve system on this page of our guide: