To set up access to BMJ OnExamination you first need to redeem a voucher code and create an account.
Follow these steps very carefully to do this successfully. Registration steps with screenshots
How to set up access:
- Important: to prevent problems during the registration process, first clear your browser cookies and cache/temporary internet files. For help with this, check your browser help or go to WikiHow: clear your browser's cache and cookies.
- Obtain the voucher code for your level - either Medical Student Years 1-3, or Years 4 and above. Ensure you Copy and Paste the code
- Go to the registration page for your chosen level: Medical Student Years 1-3 or Medical Student Years 4 and above
- Clear your browser cookies and cache again if you visited both registration pages, then go to the page you are going to use. Failure to do this will result in unsuccessful registration.
- Click the orange Add to Basket button on the registration page.
- On the Your Basket page click the blue Redeem your voucher link
- Enter the code in the box, and click Apply. You should see the price reduced to 0.00
- Click Proceed to Checkout to be taken to the Sign In or register page
- Use your existing BMJ OnExamination login if you have one, or else create a new account. BMJ OnExamination is on a different platform to BMJ Best Practice and BMJ Learning, so you need to create a different account. Use your University email address.
- On the Billing Address tab, enter "University of Sydney" in the Address box. Put "X"s in the Telephone box.
- Click Continue, then on the next page click Buy Now.
- If you saw the Billing Address tab, and the Buy Now button, you will now see an orange "Login and start revising now" button. This lets you login to your account and start answering your questions.
- Note: If you see buttons saying Revise Now and Get Started, your registration has been unsuccessful.
To get this fixed, email firstname.lastname@example.org
- which level you were registering for
- the login details of the Personal Account you created.
As a returning user, go straight to BMJ OnExamination via the BMJ OnExamination login links on the Library website.